View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemax View Post
Hi Nick.

I purchased the imac refurbished from Apple.

Is there nothing I can do?
Ok...thanks for confirming that this is the actual disk that was supposed to come with this computer model.

I guess I'm a little confused as to what your goal is with this OS install. In your original post you said:

"I ran it today & it took around 1hour. When it had finished, I stll had items installed that I wanted removed."

I'm assuming what you are referring to by "I still had items installed that I wanted removed."...is this "naughty" program or programs you said your friend installed.

If this is the case...you should be able to do exactly as "chscag" mentioned above:

- boot from your iMac's DVD disc (hold down the "c" key when booting)
- open "Disk Utility" from the menu at the top of the screen (you have to move your mouse pointer up there to activate the menu...since it may not be visible otherwise)
- reformat the hard drive
- then continue with the OS install

This should take care of the unwanted program or programs...and reinstall your OS.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks