04-29-2010, 10:16 AM
I need some help. For the past weeks my MAC will not open .pdf, Word, Excel files that I received as email attachments. I can save them, and they show the Acrobat Icon, which is my default program to use with pdf. (same for Word and excel files, the icons are there).
I have tried:
- open the files with double click from the desktop
- click the file icon, then specify which program to use to open
- open the application and click "File" and "Open".
- uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat Pro and MS Office
- ran Utility "Repair Permissions" & received the following message: SWD file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/AADAgend.app\Contents/MACOS\AADAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired
I have no idea if this message has anything to do with my problem, or if it indicates another problem.
Does anyone have some advice? I am definitely not a computer tech, and appreciate any help.