View Single Post
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abush1984 View Post
alright first off im new to these thing called a mac, so here is my problem i just updated my ibook 500mhz from os 10.3.9 to os 10.4 and to me it seems like everything load correctly i got the 10.4 from a torrent site it was a 4 disk install and like i said it seemed to go smooth until i tried to update the software. and all it does is keep CHECKING FOR NEW SOFTWARE it gets like a 5th of the way with the load bar and just sits there, also when i try to change the desktop background i click system preferences then select desktop and screen saver and it looks like its gonna go then it just closes system preferences. i don't know what to do so any help would be greatly appreceiated, besides those two things i haven't found anything else that doesn't work.

thanks in advance
What you've done is illegal, so that is your problem.
There are to be no discussions of illegal activity, and no assistance will be given to you in this respect.
You can get onto ebay, and legally purchase install Tiger discs,or depending on your specs, Leopard discs!