View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I don't know if this will help or not.... The WD My Book Studio Edition II is a RAID unit and as such if one of the drives fails or malfunctions for some reason or another, the entire unit will not mount. I don't believe you did it any harm by moving it from the G4 to your new MBP. The failure was probably coincidental.

You might want to contact Western Digital support by phone (they have a toll free number) and see if they can work with you to trouble shoot it. The unit should still be under warranty. They should also be able to tell you how to get your data off the drive(s) if possible. There is also software available that can help recover your data, if necessary.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks