View Single Post
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheek View Post
Thanks Nick, that's what I thought. I was just trying to save a couple of bucks.
First rule of computing...there is NO SUCH THING as saving a couple of bucks! You do need to look for full retail install discs and Snow Leopard OS X.6 would be the best option. Also be aware if you decide to use Tiger, some versions were PPC only and cannot be installed on Intel machines.

Whatever you purchase, make sure it is a black coloured disc and not the silver grey system install discs sold under a dozen different names on auction sites. With your new machine Snow Leopard new from Apple would be the best option.
QUOTE Thanks