View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalazarou View Post
Thanks, I'm downloading it now.

The problem is Songbird doesn't have any hotkey support, whatsoever. It may be that USB overdrive will need Songbird to have focus.

**EDIT **

Yeah basically, I can't select the multimedia key "Play/Pause" with USB overdrive. I can have it press F8, which is the function key it occupies, but it's the same as pressing F8 without any system function (in other words, triggers spaces).
I'm fairly certain this will work. Go to System Preferences > Keyboard and click the + button. Select Songbird as the Application, enter the Menu title you want to add a keyboard function for (like Play, for example), then use a keyboard combo not already in use by Songbird. Repeat for each command lacking a keyboard command. Once done, Songbird will have hotkeys (you will even see them in Songbird's menu). Then use USB Overdrive to map the functions of your Powermate to those new hotkeys you made. Be sure you are setting up a Songbird-specific profile, not modifying "Any Mouse, Any Application".

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks