View Single Post
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Are you saying that the 3GS runs slow on your G network? If that is the case there isn't much you can do.
Try this app
Speedtest – Xtreme Labs Inc.
When I use it I see a pretty standard bandwidth for my cable modem.

You could set the Time Capsule to transmit 5Ghz ssid. Airport -> Wireless -> Wireless Network Options -> Check the 5Ghz network name and change the name. Attach your Macbook Pro to the newly named network. IE mynetwork and mynetwork5ghz is how I usually have it setup. Note that it is faster to use 5Ghz if you have a fairly open house but any interference from walls, metal, etc drops signal and bandwidth much faster than the 2.4Ghz. I had this setup for a while but since the 5Ghz dropped off so much I stopped using the 2 network names. I tried putting my Airport Expresses on the 5Ghz network to see if it would help signal, it really didn't. The AEs tended to drop off the network too. Anyway I went back to the 1 name system. If I am in good enough signal the MBP will switch to the 5GHz automatically, but if I try to force it and I don't have good signal I lost bandwidth.
QUOTE Thanks