View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I'm planning on using mine PRIMARILY for four things:

1. Get me out from behind this desk all the time. One of my jobs is to moderate a forum (not this one), which means monitoring it all the time. An iPad will let me handled *everything* I need to do in that regard without a) lugging around a heavier laptop and b) finding a place and time to sit down, set up and get to work.

2. Use pay-as-you-go 3G when I'm in the US. Wow, I just realised I'll actually be free to stay at ANY hotel I want to now instead of just those that have wireless internet! I'll be able to use GPS or listen to internet radio in my car as I travel! And all for a very reasonable fee that's not tied to a contract!

3. Presentations. I do a lot of them. The iPad lets me both create AND give presentations (there's a way to connect the iPad to a projector). It's a lot lighter than a laptop and I can use it in my coach seat! A miracle.

4. Casual reader and media player at home. Can relax in a comfy chair, sofa or even bed with this thing, not so much with a laptop.
QUOTE Thanks