View Single Post
bobtomay

 
bobtomay's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 22, 2006
Location: Texas, where else?
Posts: 25,185
bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

bobtomay is offline
No, one would not affect the other. But my guess is both of your operating systems are running pretty slow.

I'd suggest trying to get your OS X partition up to about 20GB free and Windows at least 4GB free space.

I use 15% as a measure because that is the point when you will begin to see the effects of a full drive. 20% is better and I maintain a minimum of 25% on all system partitions. This is not as important with only data partitions, but even with those I refrain from going below 10% free.

It's really time to start considering a larger drive.

If freeing up space does not help, it does probably 80% of the time, this is also one of the signs of a failing drive the other 20% of the time. And it could be a combination of both.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks