03-25-2010, 03:38 PM
YES!! Managed to get it working in iMovie (with audio may I add)! Many thanks to xstep
for suggesting adding the MPEG2 codec.
Was a kind of long process, but it works and I'm very happy!
1) Download the FREE MPEG Streamclip software (Google it or you can find it on the Apple website).
2) Purchase the £15 MPEG-2 Playback software through Apple (which is used by the MPEG Streamclip software).
3) Plug in the USB cable and turn on the camcorder. The camcorder will show up on your desktop (mine showed up as NO NAME).
4) Copy all files from your camcorder into another desktop folder.
5) "Open Files" in MPEG Streamclip one at a time. You will have to watch all the files in their entirety.
6) "Export to Quicktime" all files after watching. This will save your new .MOV file in the same desktop folder.
7) With iMovies open, go to File > Import Movies > then search for the desktop folder and select one of the files ending in .Mov.
I'm just hoping that it'll now burn onto dvd.