Thread: 3 Partitions
View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-Jamie View Post
I think I can help explain. My husband does this on every hard disk, so I think it's a Windows thing. If he's a run of the mill Windows power user, they seem to have a belief that hard disks must be broken into a partition for every specific purpose. If you don't, then your computer will explode like the Death Star.
I think you nailed it, Jamie-Jamie.

Its a dumb idea in the PC world, and its an even dumber idea in the Mac world.

If you *really* need Windows, then a partition for Boot Camp is fine (but I would suggest that its WINDOWS that needs the smallest possible partition, as you'll not be using it much after the first couple of months unless you're a gamer).

Something like 50GB for Windows and the rest for Mac. KISS as they say, there's no reason to partition a notebook beyond this.
QUOTE Thanks