View Single Post
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

I don't think I ever said that I "hated" it. I can see where it might fill a small gap for people whom don't already own a 'Mac' product, which does the things that the iPad will do (surf, mail, browse photos and whatever else an iPod touch can do, but on an 10" screen) and then on top of that only pay half of what an MacBook costs. That's pretty much the price of what a 16 gig iPhone is, right ?

So yeah, I understand the niche it fills. Hate is too strong an emotion for me to feel for it. I'd say it's more resentment. I resent the fact that it could be so much more than it is, even with its current hardware, but that Apple chose to take advantage of the smallest possible hole in the armor's chink. Especially.. when it's more than likely a given that in another couple of years, they'll make the 1st gen iPad totally obsolete due to better specs *which are already possible to include* and hardware designs. *usb ports, camera etc..*

I also see through a bit of what is happening, in that this is a test for the market to see if it will bite, and how hard. So with that in mind, I can't possibly hate it. In fact, I might have to learn to call it what everyone else is calling it... but only time will tell.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks