View Single Post
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuhnool View Post
what were you wanting in regards to the GUI?
If that is addressed to me:

I find the iPad wholly dull in its inception. I mean what is it other than a giant iPod touch ? (cuz' a phone, it ain't) They put a new lil' spin on how photos' are viewed. WHooptie doo. You can multi task only Apple created apps..

I mean ok, if Macbooks were a LOT more expensive, I'd see some kind of logic in it. But they're not. And they have fully functioning OS's. The actual iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad GUI ? BOOORIIING ! Sorry, but it's dated as all h311. I was actually shocked to see that they didn't care to overhaul the GUI one bit. In fact, I think it's ugly by modern standards, and it could be so much more. How about Apple simply giving its users the ability to customize the GUI ? The typical GUI lock down Apple employs is just annoying.

As far as the design goes... to say that it's hardly a stretch is barely saying anything at all.

Steve Jobs: " Thinner... no physical keyboard of course and make sure we can create as many third party peripheral designers and suppliers as possible, this way we make more money, save more money, and have our name out there on even more web sites than before"

Smart guy, for sure. But the only thing that doesn't bore me at this point are Apple's laptops and desktops and OS X. If the iPad was able to run OS X.. I'd SO be on board. Oh... and of course give me at least an Firewire or USB port and iSight. There's no reason other than to make more money from third party vendors, NOT to have these things. And there's no reason it can not run OS X.

A real innovation would see the following: MacBooks and MacBook Pro's having new features which would enable Apple to raise their prices accordingly, thereby giving them the incentive to install a better processor in the iPad and have OS X run on them. What those 'new features' are, I can't say. But then, that's why it's Apple's job and not mine. Or maybe I do have ideas, but Apple ain't paying me so...

Doug
QUOTE Thanks