View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezman2k View Post
If i bought a new lower bottom case and brought it to apple (given the laptop is still covered under warranty) would they replace it for free do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wezman2k View Post
it wasn't ABUSE it was an accident!!!! this happened just a few weeks ago and i got it back in 07. until then it was brand spankin new.
I doubt it. Cosmetic or accidental damage is not covered under the Apple warranty.

And if this cosmetic damage was covered...then there would be no need for you to purchase a new bottom case...since it would be part of the warranty.

But the bottom line is...this situation is not covered...so your best bet (since you already have the new bottom case) is to figure out how to install it yourself...or find a knowledgeable person to do the install for a reasonable price.

Also...if you bought this computer in 2007...it wasn't "brand spankin new" up until a few weeks ago! A few weeks ago it was still a 2.5+ year old computer...so it couldn't be "brand spankin new"...it just looked "brand spankin new"!

Good luck,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks