View Single Post
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

A NAS is just that - an external networked storage device - how the storage is handled by the NAS device is insignificant to the client systems that communicate with it (as long as the NAS supports network access compatible with the clients (like SMB or NFS or AFP, etc.)) A raid unit that connects to the computer via USB (similar to a DROBO) will work on either platform and, if the storage is formatted in a way compatible with all OS' that might access it, the raid functionality is irrelevant as it's handled internally by the box and the computer just sees it as a giant storage unit connected via USB or Firewire or eSata, etc.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks