View Single Post
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I have used Carbon Copy Cloner, Disk Utility, and Super Duper to clone drives without issue. I do suggest that when the clone is finished you attempt to boot from it just to make sure that it is bootable. Of all the clones I have made I had one that did not boot properly. But that is one failure against I don't know how many successes.

The other suggestion that I would make is to make sure you are using a current version of whichever program you choose. From time to time there are changes to the underlying structure of OS X that older utilities (including cloning programs) do not manage properly.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks