View Single Post
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Assuming that the Seagate is an internal drive, what you could do is buy an enclosure similar to this one and pop your new (blank) drive into it. Plug it in to your MB, clone your current drive to the new one using CCC or SD. Then when you swap drives, everything is already on there and you're ready to run.

Not to doubt you MYmacROX, but how accurate is cloning the drive by doing it the way you described while doing this in regular operational mode in OSX?
I guess I'm still used to the Windoze way of either going SAFE mode or DOS mode for cloning/back up regular files and system files. Has anyone verified that CCC or SD is acccurate in cloning another HD? I guess I am paranoid about HD failure and want the best method for backup.
Thanks in advance.

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks