View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
I use my Macbook Air on my glass desk slightly elevated on a book. I run some games and videos that cause my portable to run hot. Is there an alternative to Coolbook (since it apparently does not work with Snow Leopard) that I can use to help reduce the heat my portable produces?
You can give SMCFanControl a try if you like. It's an application which can set your fans to spin faster (higher RPM) and thereby blow more air on the CPU. Some folks swear by it.

There are Pro and Con to using it. But you seem to know what you're doing and it might just be what you're looking for.

BTW, someone stated in this thread that lowing the core voltage could possibly harm your CPU. I've been in electronic repair for over 20 years and computer repair (mainframes, etc) for that long also, and have never seen a case of under voltage harming an electronic component, let alone a CPU.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks