View Single Post
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Apple Portables: Operating temperature
chas_m's post doesn't contradict itself, so you must have misread it!
As for lasting longer, you have nothing to concern yourself about as far as the operating temp of Apple portables, as Apple has thought of that, and they will shut down to protect the logic board from damage before they get "too hot".
Undervolting, in any way, including using a software like coolbook, you have more chance of damaging your Mac than you do otherwise.
Intels run hot, Mac has safeguards in place, and if you go blocking your ventiliation, or using your Mac on soft smuggling surfaces, and to undervolt to try to counteract this, that is your choice, even if not the best choice, still your choice.
The wisest investment would be a stable table (cushion lap table), a clipboard which you can take the clamp off (roughly $5 from any office suppliers), a chopping block, etc if you are going to use it on your lap for extended periods!
This would be protecting your investment!
QUOTE Thanks