View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyoGoat View Post
Thanks for your response. One more quick question, mini dvi is the predecessor to the mini display, would a mini dvi to s-video work?
Apple did make a micro-DVI, mini-DVI & DVI to video adapter which output both composite and S-Video.

The above adapters will work on the Macs that have those ports prior to the early 2009 models. Prior to that time, Macs had analog and digital available at the port on the machine. With the early 2009 models Apple moved to all digital ports.

The technical side is beyond the scope of what I am interested in here. My only interest is in helping folks get what will work. What I have posted above is currently the least expensive way to achieve a composite / S-Video connection from any Mac from early 2009 forward. For those that want more, google and the Wiki are available.

Suffice it to say, the above listed adapters will not work even on the mini-DVI ports with the white MacBook nor the Mac Mini from early 2009 forward. They will also not work with any adapter you can buy in any combination with any Mac that has a mini displayport... period. You must have a converter.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks