View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

That's a first, someone actually provided the link to the owners manual... appreciate that.

After you have made sure you've changed the TV to the correct input:

First thing to do is to unplug everything... adapter(s) and cable and plug them all back in, even if you know the connections are good.

Next thing I'd try would be to use the 'Detect Displays' button in System Preferences - Displays.

Some TVs require that they be turned on in a specific order... this is so that they pass the EDID info properly... usually it's the TV then the computer... have seen others want the computer, then the TV. Personally, I usually connect the cable with both up and running with high success.

Give those a try while I check the manual out.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks