View Single Post
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by c7aig View Post
sorry if this is nothing to do with what you want (i was Linux user until i got a mac only days ago!), but if you can login at all, can you not use the passwd command to change the password of the account that you don't have the password for?
Sure it can be done, but it would be smarter to just reinstall the whole system. You can try these steps although they are from 2007 and it may not work anymore.
However, it is way easier to get a disk that works with your mac and use the the reset password utility when booting from the disk.
And as others have said it is a risk to not run a clean install on the mac, as there could be programs installed that you don't know about that could send out private data.

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks