View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Very good advice above. The only thing I would add, I have found anything under 15% free space on your system partition (don't care which OS you're running) will lead to sometimes quite drastic system slow downs and other issues. This is still holding true on up to 500 GB system partitions in my experience. Have not filled a 1TB or larger system partition to that extent to test it out.

I used those apps early on with my first Mac. I am now in the group that does not recommend their use. The gaining of 3GB of space with the size of drives today is not going to solve the issue and can cause some of your apps to cease functioning.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks