View Single Post
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbinva View Post
Before doing ALL of that work, get all of the drivers for the new OS, for the computer, printers and all peripherals, and have them easily identifiable on your external drive. Trust me when I tell you this will save you so much time and heartache later.

Since you have a Dell, it will be easy for you to get the drivers you need from their site, simply plug in your Service Tag number and your specific drivers should be on the site you get redirected to.

Good luck, and if you get stuck, give me a shout, I do this very thing often where I work.
Thanks for the tip. I have the OS re-install disc that came with my Dell, as well as the drivers and utilities discs. I'm wondering if I will run into any problems during the process using my Logitech mouse. Should I switch back to my Dell mouse that came with the computer? I know there was software that I had to install when I purchased the Logitech mouse and that makes me think once all that stuff is wiped off, then it won't recognize the mouse. Make sense?
QUOTE Thanks