As I’m walking around the Moscone Center checking out all that Macworld is going to offer this week, I’m highly aware of the fact that I am the only person in the entire building who is using a PC Notebook. (See original post here as to why I’m doing that.) As I enviously walk past all of the shiny, small notebooks with the Apple on the front of them, I feel conspicuous. I’m convinced that everyone is thinking, “what is this PC woman even doing here?!”
To answer that question, here are five good reasons that a PC user might want to be at Macworld this week.
1. The gadgets are better. I love gadgets, especially ones that go with my computer. The ones that go along with a PC just aren’t nearly as fun as some of the ones that are available for use with a Mac. That’s why the Apple store is always packed with people who want to play. MacWorld has info on the latest of these gadgets, info that even a PC user can appreciate.
2. The iPods and iPhones. In the same vein as the gadgets thought, the fact that these tech toys have gained such widespread popularity makes them of interest to people who aren’t full-time Mac users.
3. The plethora of tech news available here this week. Whether or not you use a Mac, you have to be aware of the fact that there are some neat things going on within the industry. The announcements that are being predicted at the Jobs keynote as well as the many smaller announcements we’ll see throughout the week are exciting for anyone with an interesting in tech news.
4. We’re all a little bit masochistic. Seriously, walking around this place feeling like I’m the only one here who doesn’t know everything that a Mac can do makes me feel a little bit like that ‘odd kid out’ in high school. I’m good at my job and feel confident in my life but it’s never good to get too comfortable or cocky. Realizing there’s a lot to learn here can put a person back in a more humble place.
5. It’s exciting. You don’t have to be infatuated with a product or company to have a great time at an expo. There are people everywhere, conversations to be had, things to see. And it’s located in the midst of San Francisco, one of the most terrific cities in the world.
Of course, the reason that I’m here is because I’m a recent PC-to-Mac convert who is excited to take a flying leap into the Mac pool. If you’re a recent Mac switcher and you have a chance to check out some of the conference, there are plenty of good reasons to do so!