Question about optical mice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5 1.6 ghz, 768 MB Ram, 80 GB HD, Combo
I was wondering if I could use an optical mouse on my desk that has a glass plate over top of it for protection? You can see the wood underneath the glass but I didn't know if the glass would interfere with the optical sensor. Thanks!

Z

Zachery

I would get some sort of mousepad :) I've never had a glass desk but i would guess it might cause a few minor issues without a pad.

I

iSheep

Some mice do and some mice don't. Experience I've had with the Apple one has been fine, but some other mice can't cope.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I know the Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse will work on glass.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, I think a normal optical mouse might work, but it would probably have difficulties...

THe new laser mouse by logitech should have no problems though...

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5 1.6 ghz, 768 MB Ram, 80 GB HD, Combo
thanks a lot guys, I wanted to stay away from the mouse pads, I like the clean look. I think I'm gonna go with the MX1000 I've researched it and it looks like it will be great on glass and be responsive enough for photoshop work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.