Website Color Issues

Reaction score
Background: I've recently moved to a Mac Book Pro running Leopard and use an NEC 1980xi as a second monitor. This monitor is also used by my Dell XPS. I processed some pics and posted them to a website. There is one photo that contains a bright blue sky with clouds and another that has a surfer in a red wetsuit. I converted these to sRGB for web posting.

The problem: The pics look very good on my MBP, but on the website the sky has a purple twinge to it and the red is very bright when viewed in a slide show on the second monitor. When viewed on the the MBP the colors are fine. Also, I have viewed the pics on the Dell (running XP Pro) and the colors are off. The monitor has been calibrated with an X-Rite i1.

Question: What am I doing wrong? I understand that these pics might be viewed by all types of monitors that have not been calibrated, but, I would think at least I should be able to see the correct colors?

OP
J
Reaction score
Background: I've recently moved to a Mac Book Pro running Leopard and use an NEC 1980xi as a second monitor. This monitor is also used by my Dell XPS. I processed some pics and posted them to a website. There is one photo that contains a bright blue sky with clouds and another that has a surfer in a red wetsuit. I converted these to sRGB for web posting.

The problem: The pics look very good on my MBP, but on the website the sky has a purple twinge to it and the red is very bright when viewed in a slide show on the second monitor. When viewed on the the MBP the colors are fine. Also, I have viewed the pics on the Dell (running XP Pro) and the colors are off. The monitor has been calibrated with an X-Rite i1.

Question: What am I doing wrong? I understand that these pics might be viewed by all types of monitors that have not been calibrated, but, I would think at least I should be able to see the correct colors?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged crossposts

OP
J
Reaction score
How do I get rid of the extra post? I don't even know how it was posted twice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.