• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Jobs Has Cancer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
He's cured. He announced it at a macworld I believe. He had a very rare type of pancreatic cancer. They cured it with surgery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Caner?? :p
So, he has a few years left from the sound of it?! He was diagnosed in 2003 and it say's people live about 10 years. I would guess because he didn't have it removed for a year, that probably made matters worse.
maybe I read it wrong....

iRye, there is no cure for cancer.

Reaction score
Doesn't this article refer back to the 2003 incident? As far as "caner" goes - it is my understanding this is a top secret program Jobs is working on. If you make a mistake in typing this little, bitty cane comes out and raps you across your knuckles. You then (according to theory) never make that mistake again.
:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I know there's no cure for cancer. I didn't mean cure, I meant more like... temporarily fixed.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I believe the correct term is "Cancer survivor".

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Fixed the title for you The Vindicat3d. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I don't know about this app Papa. It wouldn't cure my trying mistakes. It would make me switch back to Windows.
The cancer is in remission maybe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
OP
The Vindicat3d
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Ahh ok thanks again iWhat!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
....there cure for cancer.

Cancer can be cured, that is completely removed, as long as you detect it in time.
Pancreatic cancer has a high mortality rate because is usually detected too late (when surgery is no longer enough) and it is highly resistant to chemotherapy and radiation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
This is real old news. He had it years ago and they were able to remove it. I don't know why they are making a big deal about him holding it back, any sensible person would. Especially since he's in the media, people are too nosy, I don't blame him for keeping it a secret until he knew the definite prognosis.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.