Samsung ML-1630 and Airport Extreme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
I just bought a Samsung ML-1630 Laser printer, I've been hearing about problems printing to it when using the Airport Express which concern me.

I have an Airport Extreme (UFO shaped one) and I've been sharing my HP Laserjet 2300 on with no problems, can anyone confirm that the Samsung will work with Extreme's wireless printing capabilities?

Reaction score
Samsung ML1630 W printers

True the ML1630 will not work with Airport Extreme. But the very nice man at Samsung assures me that If I swap it for a ML1630 W (W for wireless) that model does work.
I'm off to the shop to try my luck and will update later.;D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I would recommend avoiding Samsung altogether. If you need a cheap laser, you're better off going with a Brother. The reason that you have these compatibility issues with Samsung is that they use overly complex drivers that take the logic out of the printer. So if the printer is being used in a way the driver doesn't expect, it's going to fail. Even the low-end Brother printers (at least in my experience) are content to use a generic, HP LaserJet 4 Plus driver, which is fairly ubiquitous.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.