What Album?

Reaction score
I've recently imported some of my greatest hits cd's into my itunes library. What I would like to do now, before I go much further, is replace "Greatest Hits" with the name of the original album or cd. Is there some website that has this type of info?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
wikipedia has a lot of information on albums of popular bands. If not that then an iTunes store search should help you.
Just search the name of the band and sort by song name or album.

Reaction score
you could try mpfreaker... worked wonders for me until i switched to my XP HTPC for handling music...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.
Some songs will feature on different albums at different times, some songs that feature on a greatest hits won't ever have been released on an album but may be a significant song from live performances and so on....

Maybe if it really matters, include the information in the track title and leave the Greatest Hits part in the album where it should be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Amazon, too...usually the weirder the album title, the more likely it's the original. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.