Installing Mac Os

Y

YYZ

HI EVERYONE:

I'm trying to install Mac OS 8.0 on my mac clone....604e processor/180mhz..128mb RAM....

I follow all necessary steps but when I click install and select programs I want to include...everything starts to work...CD-ROM's light begins flickering and reading from.. installing to my hard drive and about 30% of the way it appears the system stops...the green light is on the hard drive ...the mouse pointer with hands is counting fingers and then eveything just seems to freeze up....What should I do...I zapped Pram, I tried another CD drive...tried another OS install CD...nothing seems to work...Is it my logic board?....Seems strange why I can't install the OS 8.0 system....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
How long have you waited when it freezes? When I first tried to install OS 9 on one of my G3 AIO's with the original hard drive, it took an extremely long time. I thought it was frozen at times, but it wasn't.

OP
Y

YYZ

I wait like 20-25 minutes..then try again and it seems to stop about 30-35% of the way...I"m trying again...I'll let it install longer....it just seems strange....oh well....The blue reading meter doesn't seem to move after several minutues......the hands on the mouse pointer keep counting..then..5 minutes later they stop counting....I'll just let it go and see what happens.....maybe it's my seagate drive...needs more time to copy from CD....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.