IP address at start-up

Reaction score
Can somebody please help! I am running 10.5. I had my mac at work one day and somebody installed a tracking software on my machine! I found this out due to a slow start-ups. Looking into my console on the Mac, I saw there were connection errors/attempt errors. It was trying to connect to a server. Does anybody know how to block a send request for a particular IP. It will attempt 10 times then give up on connections. Secondly, this other question would be part of the first. It also looks for policies. Does someone know how to reset or delete this? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You will need to establish what tracker software is installed

Have you tried looking in the activity monitor for any running processes.

When you know which tracker is installed, try looking at the vendors site for how to uninstall it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
Guess you do not have a bootable backup around from before they installed it? If you do, just use that to restore your system to the earlier state.

OP
T
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no back-up drive. Will have one once I get this all figured out.

I looked previously at the the activity and console, all it said was trying to access an IP number. It attempts 10 times then times out.

Any other suggestions? Even a software that would stop an IP attempt? I tried with my modem but no luck!

Thanks!

OP
T
Reaction score
Little Snitch; I will try that within the next couple of days.

Do you have a link to it?

Thanks! :)

OP
T
Reaction score
MCH. Little Snitch seems to work. I believe my fields are filled in correctly. My start-ups were at 1:30-1:40 down to 58 seconds. Shutdown was cut down from 25-30 seconds down to 10 seconds. I look with the console, and it does still have those requests but it seems like little snitch is stopping it from fully connecting.
I have a 4 year old G5 (first release) 1.6gh single processor, 4 gig ram. Any other suggestions. Seems good. Should there still be that request? Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.