No internet connection

Reaction score
SO I'M HAVING A BIT OF A PROBLEM. FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER MY Mac WOULD SHOW UP ON MY MAGIC NETWORK AS BEING CONNECTED, BUT WHEN I TRY AND SIGN ON SAFARI IT WONT LOAD, AND IT'LL SAY IM NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET, ASKING ME TO DO A DIAGNOSTIC, AFTER DOING 5 MILLION DIAGNOSTIC IT'LL SAY I HAVE NO INTERNET CONNECTION.

IT ALL STARTED I "THINK" WHEN I DID MY LAST SOFTWARE UPDATE. WHICH WAS SOMETHING FOR MAC OSX something, soemthing.

ALSO IT SHOWS THAT IM ACTUALLY CONNECTED TO MY WIFI ON MY Mac. SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS WRONG, CAN ANYONE MAKE ANY SUGGESTION?

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I posted this question the other day and did not receive any input.

One thing I did notice is that when I go to the Network Settings... It indicates that my AirPort has a green light, but it says "Self-Assigned IP". Then is indicates "AirPort has a self-assigned IP address and may not be able to connect to the internet".

I don't know what that means and/or how to fix it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Read my entry below under wifi internet problems after software update and follow the link.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.