Internet Recommendations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I am currently on Dial-Up which is very slow. The only internet that I know of is a private company here but they cant figure out why they're equipment is failing. It's been 3 months and my patience is running thin. Des anone know of any other alternatives? The only other choice I have is Wild Blue which is a bit of a rip off for the speeds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 8Gb Ram 1TB Fusion HD + MBP
Look into HughesNet. Better package than WildBlue.

That's if you can't get local ISP like DSL, cable or wireless.

'Course of you want dial-up there are many national ISPs that offer local numbers, NetZero is one and you can find more here: http://www.thelist.com/misc/usa/

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I'll look into hughes net. Thanks!

Reaction score
slow internet.....gimme a brake......thailand

I am in Isan, Thailand, in a city of about 30,000, the only choice here is (so-called adsl)....no cable. They are using the old copper wires that were old 50 yrs ago.....they have no back-ups.....I know cuz they go down at least once a day, usually about 4 pm....often at any time.....never a dnld spd of above 150kb/s.....usually about 8kb/s. I need a few pointers and arguments I can use with the chamber of commerce, and questions I can use to show we need cable or sat or SOMEthing here.......I realize I am a farang (foreigner) here, but the locals just accept poor service, and I'd like some advice on what to hit them with.....we pay a good buck for poor service, and I'm thinking why have a new , fast cmptr....when it crawls ( if I'm lucky). I would appreciate any advice on this. Any where else in Thailand internet is quite fast......here, there are not too many tourists, and no Thais that care. Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.