PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit claims iPhone infringes call display patent

johnnyluu
02-27-2008, 01:34 PM
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/02/26/lawsuit_claims_iphone_infringes_call_display_paten t.html

Surely this guy can sue any phone company in the world with this patent.

I'm going to patent the means by which air is inhaled into the human body, oxygen extracted and distributed to it's vital organs, and then I'm going to sue everyone that dares to have a pulse.

When will it all end?

rman
02-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Another bogus lawsuit, because he would need to sue MicroSoft too. My Motorola Q does the same thing as the iPhone and so does all other cell phones. So whats the point here?

cwa107
02-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah, good luck with that one.

CL33Zero
03-04-2008, 02:33 AM
I made a patent on the wheel back in 1995. Still waiting a few more years till I bust that puppy out...

MBasile
03-04-2008, 02:37 AM
Another bogus lawsuit, because he would need to sue MicroSoft too. My Motorola Q does the same thing as the iPhone and so does all other cell phones. So whats the point here?

so does my $10 land line phone

EORI
03-04-2008, 12:39 PM
[url]I'm going to patent the means by which air is inhaled into the human body, oxygen extracted and distributed to it's vital organs, and then I'm going to sue everyone that dares to have a pulse.

Depending on whether one is breathing at home or at work, that activity may constitute a business method that some would argue is patentable. :D

In all seriousness, the nation's patent court (U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit) is going to be taking a hard look now at what is and is not patentable. See this ARTICLE (http://www.ropesgray.com/ipbusinessmethodpatents/).

Now, if only the U.S. court system would adopt the "English Rule" where the loser pays the winner's legal fees and expenses. That would drive out the majority of the contingency fee cases that have turned our legal system into a lottery of sorts.

Alexis
03-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Now, if only the U.S. court system would adopt the "English Rule" where the loser pays the winner's legal fees and expenses. That would drive out the majority of the contingency fee cases that have turned our legal system into a lottery of sorts.

Don't count on it. We've had two nutjobs in the last week:

- the compulsive gambler who lost £3 million and sued the bookmaker for not stopping him (he lost that one and has to pay £400,000 costs)

- the man sueing a retailer because he slipped on a grape in the food section. He tried to claim £300,000 for 'loss of confidence', amongst other things. He lost that one too!

johnnyluu
03-13-2008, 01:10 PM
The problem is that we are living in a world that is quickly descending into a general shortage of common sense.

How some of these lawsuits make it beyond a fleeting thought is beyond me.

But as long as there remains a chance to make a shed load of money out of nothing nothing, people will continue trying to.

jonnyd
03-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Don't count on it. We've had two nutjobs in the last week:

- the compulsive gambler who lost 3 million and sued the bookmaker for not stopping him (he lost that one and has to pay 400,000 costs)

- the man sueing a retailer because he slipped on a grape in the food section. He tried to claim 300,000 for 'loss of confidence', amongst other things. He lost that one too!

On the other hand, a certain person just picked up 25m for . . . er . . .

Gotta admire her style though. She emptied a jug of water over Paul MacCartneys lawyers head as she was leaving the courtroom. Forgive me, but that made me laugh.

bryphotoguy
03-18-2008, 08:49 PM
lol, the Leno joke was hilarious. It went something like, that's typical, you get married and then she gains 25 million pounds.
Absolutely no offense to women, I just thought it was a funny joke.