question for everyone and I need opinions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24 inch imac 4 gig ram 320 gig hdd. MB C2D 320 gig hd 4 gig ram, 8 gig iphone
It's been a long time since I logged on here. My mac pro got demolished when i moved to florida for school and so did my mbp :( I have finally moved back to ohio and I got my 24 inch imac and a macbook.

My question to everyone here is this:

I am in desperate need of a server because i want to save everything to one place and have a data back up system for my macs. I'm thinking of using a mac mini and raid a few external drives to make a server for my itunes and personal folders. my other option is get a powermac g5 with dual 2.0 ghz processors or something thereof and install osx server on it. I'm not sure how many drives a g5 holds or 1 ghz g4 and do it that way.

My other question is: how do I mount a drive like the Macintosh hd drive icon on my imac similar to a mounted volume on a windows machine. I've been playing with it and cannot figure it out. i know how to connect thru network but I'm looking for another way to mount the drive and send itunes to the path on the server.

sorry if i sound like an idiot but this is making me crazy. Both macs use leopard currently.

thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.