What is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 Powerbook & 80g iPod classic
What is the Use Interference Robustness option that is in the Airport menu? I can't find anything on it in the help menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I am keen to know this now too...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
The way it was told to me from someone at the apple.com help site is that it filters out other frequencies like from wireless phones and other 802.11 signal senders.

Not sure if this is accurate but that was the only semi-useful information I could find on it.

OP
csuazo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 Powerbook & 80g iPod classic
rberry88 said:
The way it was told to me from someone at the apple.com help site is that it filters out other frequencies like from wireless phones and other 802.11 signal senders.

Not sure if this is accurate but that was the only semi-useful information I could find on it.

ah. That sounds like a good answer. I wonder why there isn't any info in the help menus....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Maybe it also tries to ignore weaker wifi signals, only logging on to the 'strongest' signal in your range....

Or maybe it sends packets redundently to make sure they don't get lost in the air, which would reduce networking speeds but increase reliability...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
rberry88 said:

That is correct. It will cut down on interference from things like 2.5Ghz phones and such, but it will decrease your signal distance....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.