Network Almost There.

S

Supachicken

Hello,

I am typing this on the new iBook set-up on our Windows 2000 network, but there is still a couple things that I would like to fix up.

Firstly, as obvious as it is I can use the internet on it, I configured it all manually in the system preferrences and I think I have it all up and going correctly. Also when I ping the other machines it works fine.

What I need to fix firstly is file sharing. I have file sharing and everything activated on the mac but when I go through Macintoosh HD then through Workgroup and go to click on the individual PC/'s it wants a PC name, username and password. That is all well and good but when I connect them or attempt to it says "The alias 'xxx' could not be opened, because the original item cannot be found".

So that is the first thing that I need to fix.

Now this actually suprised me, I was installing the printer that is directly connected to our server and the other PC's access it through the network. Now the Macinstosh actually located the printer through the server, but when I tried to print a test page I knocked together it would not print it, an error message said that the connection failed.

I would really appreciate any help in this subject, and thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
David.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.