Netgear router playing up - no internet!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo 1GB
Had no internet since midday Saturday.

I have a Netgear router (with a DSL cable connected to my Mac Mini), but suddenly, the "internet" symbol has been flashing orange, not green, therefore no internet connection.

Have tried rebooting the router through the diagnostics page on my browser, but is still not working.

This is very frustrating!

Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If it's flashing then it's not able to syncing with an adsl signal.

Likely to be an issue with your broadband supplier, i'd call them first.

If you have a spare router or could borrow one you could see if you get the same results with that. You won't need to change anything. Just plug it in and see if it 'syncs up' - i.e. gets a steady green light.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo 1GB
Hi,

Only snag is that I'm with Orange (or wanadoo, as they were when I joined).

They said they don't provide technical support for routers, but they did give me a list of settings.

However, when I checked these by entering the ISP address in my browser, which takes me to the router's set-up page, they were all fine.

Just can't understand what the problem is. On the status reports, it says "LCP is down", then "LCP is up" !!!!

Also, this is the first time I've had a problem in more than a year, and the router is barely a year old...

Thanks for advice, anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What model of Netgear router do you have?

When you log into the router do you have anything in Modem Status, UpStream conection or Downstream connection?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.