• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Car+Tree=Portable Pool!

Reaction score
Hello,

So, I just feel like sharing this because it made me laugh, and hopefully it will make someone else chuckle a bit too.
So, my sister drives a dodge shadow, and a couple of months ago she went to go to school and saw that a tree had fallen on her car. It wasn't a big tree, but it wasn't a shrub either. There was a HUGE circular dent in the roof, it was DEEP too, but not deep enough that she couldn't drive it since she is on the shorter side.
When she was driving down the road people look at her like lady. It's pretty comical, when I had to ride with her I had to duck down a lot, I could barely fit inside. She reported it to insurance and all that, she (well my parents, since she's 22) has really good insurance, and recently the city sent her a check for a considerable amount (when you take into factor that the car is hardly worth anything) because Fort Wayne is 6 years behind in cutting down the trees. She came to see us recently, and my dad banged out the dent about halfway which was all he could do.
It's really funny to see the way people look at you when you have a giant dent in your roof, and she goes to get in her car and there is all kinds of animals swimming in the rainwater, the dent is big enough to give a bath to a tiny dog, we found that out.
So now she has a car, AND A POOL, AND A MINI ICE RINK, AND A SECOND GLOVE COMPARTMENT!
lol. It's actually really soothing to soak your cold hands in water that has been heated from the sun.
AND SHE'S ALWAYS WANTED TO CARPOOL! ha, I wonder if she could drive in the carpool lane now....

Now she has a chubby check from the city, and she's going to pay down some student loans.
But its funny because that car is like a money maker! She's made more money off of the car than she paid for the car! She said someone rear ended her putting a huge dent in the bumper, and she took a picture of it and mailed it to the insurance company and they sent her a check for the amount it would cost to replace the bumper. I don't really know how that would work, but she never replaced the bumper and she paid the mortgage instead, but it's amazing what a simple (new) toilet plunger can do for a car!
Someone else's car door bashed into hers too, and (cha-ching $) a new microwave.
I didn't know you could do that, but it seems fair.

I wish I still had pictures, but sadly I deleted them. They were really funny pictures.

Just thought it was a funny story!

Tanner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
This thread is worthless without pics!

Reaction score
Funny story - hope the car lasts a little longer - no telling what she can use it for. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
So, her insurance company cut her a check for the tree damage, and then she got a check from the city for the same damage? If that's the case and her insurance company finds out, they'll make her pay it back, or possibly charge her for insurance fraud. Just something to think about.

Oh yeah, and a pic would be nice.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
So, her insurance company cut her a check for the tree damage, and then she got a check from the city for the same damage? If that's the case and her insurance company finds out, they'll make her pay it back, or possibly charge her for insurance fraud. Just something to think about.

Oh yeah, and a pic would be nice.

She didn't get a check for the same damage twice, the other thing was a couple months after.

Reaction score
A good friend of mines older brother had a taco bell sign fall on his truck as he was walking to it. Its was the perfect distance for the sign part to fall on it too, not the pole. Kinda crazy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.