• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

contents of retailed boxed Mac OS X 10.2

K

kjm

Hello everyone

I'm looking to buy the Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar software on ebay, but I'm a bit confused as to the actual contents of the package. Both claim to be the original full install package but the contents slightly differ from one another. I'm purchasing a new powerbook g4 soon but am buying the OS X 10.2 Jaguar from ebay to simply install on an older iMac I will be giving to my gf.

Please note that the following pictures are not mine but are simply being used for demonstration purposes to ask my question.

This first picture shows 3 cds while the second picture only shows 2. My question is which one is actually the one with the complete contents that are provided when you purchase the retail boxed OS X 10.2 Jaguar Full Install software?

02.gif

01.gif

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I think in my box there were three disks. One for X and two for the development option. I can not seem to find my disk at this time.

Looks like it is time to clean up my office. :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
rman said:
I think in my box there were three disks. One for X and two for the development option. I can not seem to find my disk at this time.

Yeah same here, Im pretty sure I have three disks.. somewhere around :)

OP
K

kjm

Also, the first picture (on the left) doesn't have the apple proof of purchase; is that weird? I mean, doesn't it always come with the retail box? (It was shipped directly from Apple)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
rman said:

close.... there are 3 disks:

OS X.2 install
OS X.2 apps/drivers/extras
OS x.2 Developer apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Yup! MacAddicts goter otter!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.