Syncing iPhone contacts with new Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
ok, heres my issue...

ive got an iphone. i had a macbook. sold it. i just went out and bought a shinny new macbook pro. i transfered everything (so i thought) from the macbook to the macbook pro. for whatever reason, my contacts in my address book on the macbook arent on the macbook pro, and the macbook has already been whipped clean.

i would like to take my contacts off my iphone and upload them to my macbook pro. is this possible? im afraid of syncing my iphone with my MBP and it wipes the iPhone's contacts out because my address book is empty. any help? thanks.

Reaction score
I use the free service from www.plaxo.com. It pretty much syncs everything to everything. When I make a change in Address Book, it syncs immediately to the mother ship at plaxo so it's available to everything else. Pretty slick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
no services needed. plug it in, and it should sync to the new mac.

it may ask you to merge (that might be in windows though)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
Yes, make sure you select the Merge Info option. If you choose Replace, it will "replace" the info on your iPhone with the info from you Mac, which, in this case, is nothing. If you choose merge, it will take the data from your iPhone and "merge" it with the data on your Mac.

Sean

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.