• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mobility 7500

Reaction score
Hello every1,

ok...I've recently bought a ibook for uni after years of being a windows user, thats right i've converted, i'm trying to update the Ati radeon mobility 7500 graphic card but cant find the drivers anywhere.

I've just installed ATI display panel which was intended for The following versions

7000, 8500 etc

its doesnt say anything about 7500, but it seems to work, could i install the drivers intended for 7000, 8500 etc off ati.amd website?

or does anyone on this site have the drivers for mobility 7500?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You are using a mac

Any updates to the ATI drivers for the macbook will come through apples own software updates

Are you having any problems with the graphics

OP
X
Reaction score
no problems, i just prefer the latest drivers.

When it say 7000 edition on the ati website do they mean 7000 series including 7500

Yes my first mac pretty awesome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
no problems, i just prefer the latest drivers.

When it say 7000 edition on the ati website do they mean 7000 series including 7500

Yes my first mac pretty awesome

You don't need to update drivers manually, as said above, they are automatically updated via the Apple Software update.

Before you answer with 'but I want to', really it will not help anything and could cause issues. Often the OpenGL drivers are embedded deep within the OS - so let the OS manage itself. It's not like Windows where the default drivers are 2 years out of date and barely work anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.