Locked Audio Folders

Reaction score
I'm not "new" to OSX, however i am new to leopard and using macs to handle audio files. I have many audio files in mp3 or mp4 format that was on my old PC and is now on an external drive. Some of the folders holding these files are locked, and cannot be unlocked. I'm aware that i can perform some sorta of permission check in iTunes, however i can't say for sure which files i paid for and which files i did not. I did notice that some music I payed for is apparently locked, perhaps from copying and converting my files multiple times.

The files themselves do not appear to be locked, just the folders. I tried to unchecked the locked status without success.

I was wondering how the Mac community deals with this. What ID3 tag editors are available, and how i should go about cleaning up my music collection so it can be safely put on Mac and avoid an RIAA induced headache.

Thanks for reading.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.