2 Network Cards working as one

Reaction score
First of all sorry if there was already this kind of post, I tryed to look for it, but didn't find one.

As the Title of the post says, is there any chance to make 2 NIC's work as one ?

In my situation I have MacBook Pro and got 2 network connections: 1 DSL Modem directly to Ethernet socket. And another wireless from AirPort Extreme.

So the point is that I want to make them both work as one.

I know there is such possibility on some windows servers, and was wondering if by any chance I could do it on Mac.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
First of all sorry if there was already this kind of post, I tryed to look for it, but didn't find one.

As the Title of the post says, is there any chance to make 2 NIC's work as one ?

In my situation I have MacBook Pro and got 2 network connections: 1 DSL Modem directly to Ethernet socket. And another wireless from AirPort Extreme.

So the point is that I want to make them both work as one.

I know there is such possibility on some windows servers, and was wondering if by any chance I could do it on Mac.

What you are referring to is known as NIC "teaming". The two physical network cards become one virtual card. Typically this would be two Ethernet (non-wireless) NICs, and usually only done on server hardware.

The MacBook Pro's hardware does not supporting teaming. As an aside, the Gigabit Ethernet NIC on the MBP should be pretty quick - I understand what you're trying to accomplish, but may I ask why? Are you connecting to a server with teamed NICs?

OP
C
Reaction score
Well it is way more simplier :)

The place I live atm, doesnt have decent connection, and I appear to have 2 connections (crappy ones), so I just wanted to try teaming both of em to make em work togeather.

Thanks for help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.