Cheap Alternative to new Apple Bluetooth keyboard!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I picked up a Logitech wireless keyboard for Playstation 3 and it works perfectly in OS X! It's plug-and-play under Leopard. Here's a quick video review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=remN3ECnhW4

Logitech's site:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/playstation_3/devices/282&cl=us,en

Available from Amazon, Provantage, etc. for about $40 plus shipping (usually under $50 shipped). Features:

1. No Bluetooth required
2. No Line-of-sight required (like on IR keyboards)
3. Includes RF USB dongle (works through walls)
4. Fits across your lap (YAY!)
5. Built-in touchpad (no mouse required for lap or couch surfing!)
6. Super cheap ($40 - half the price of Apple's keyboard!)
7. Plug-and-play in Leopard
8. Super lightweight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
Another possibility is a used/refurbed/new Apple bluetooth full width keyboard. There are tons of them on eBay for around $50.00 and they should (?) work perfectly with any bluetooth iMac. Add the wireless mighty mouse and you have something that looks like it belongs. Not as cheap though when you add the mouse.

Logitech also has the Cordless Desktop S 530 Laser for Mac which includes a wireless mouse... all 100% Mac compatible. Its about $60 and you get a full keyboard.

I'm more intrigued by the Apple bluetooth keyboard because it looks like a slightly longer iMac keyboard. But I have a Logitech wireless setup on my PC and it's been awesome for almost 18 months... uses batteries far less than my wife's wireless HP Pavillion wireless setup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.