Which keyboard?

M

m1k

Hey,

I was going to get an iCurve for my PowerBook to raise the screen to eye level. I already have the Apple USB mouse, so all I need is a keyboard. What do you guys think? I could get the Apple USB keyboard, the BlueTooth Apple keyboard, the TactilePro... I really don't know.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

OP
I

iSheep

I've got Apple's Wireless Keyboard and it's great. Really easy to setup. There is a very tiny slightly delay which you notice if you use the keyboard on the PowerBook and then switch to the keyboard, but it really isn't that bad. I'm really happy with it, but if you really don't think you like the wirelessness then just use the USB keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I'm personally lusting after the Tactile Pro or the Kensington version. Rubber membrane keyboards (Like the current Apple ones) are okay, but mechanical spring switches give the best feel. Just my opinion.

OP
M

m1k

Yeah, I was wondering about the Tactile Pro. It feels like I'm getting less work done on my PowerBook's keyboard than on my PC's old Microsoft noisy keyboard :(. Does it really make that much of a difference?

Also, is there really that much delay on the wireless keyboard? I'm probably going to be doing quite a bit of gaming, so would I notice that much of a difference?

Finally, I heard Logitech is now selling a 'laser mouse' with 20x the resolution normal optical mice use now. Do you guys have any experience with this laser mouse?

Thanks again, you guys have been really helpful.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
m1k said:
Finally, I heard Logitech is now selling a 'laser mouse' with 20x the resolution normal optical mice use now. Do you guys have any experience with this laser mouse?

Thanks again, you guys have been really helpful.
Yeah, you can use it on a mirror! And umm, thats about all.

OP
M

m1k

Ahh, I'll be sure to get one! I always use my PowerBook sideways on my bathroom mirror, it's one of my pleasures in life!

So it doesn't make that much difference, eh?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Unless your desk is made of a mirror, and you like to decapitate your eyes with lasers (because it will melt your eye very slowly) then you might as well get the MX 510.

OP
M

m1k

I don't really need a new mouse, I have a new Apple USB mouse and it works fine. I don't really suffer from a lack of right-click, and it'll go better aesthetically with either the Apple keyboard, the Apple BT keyboard or the TactilePro.

But I might just get it for the **** of it. Non-right click is annoying as **** in games.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.