External Keyboards for MBP

Reaction score
I'm going to put my MBP under my desk and use a 24" Monitor and a wireless or USB keyboard. I have a Windows background so an I'm running Vista Ultimate in Bootcamp for work. I want a keyboard that has separate Page Up/Down Keys, Arrow keys and has an Insert key. The Apple keyboards won't do. Any recommendations?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Well, I don't know what keyboards you're checking out, but my Apple keyboard has page up/down and arrow keys that work fine in OS X and Windows. Apple keyboards don't have an insert key. Personally, I can't remember the last time I actually used it and had to look up it's purpose! But if you really need it, you could probably turn the "help" key (which replaces the insert key on Apple keyboards) into the insert key by custom mapping the keyboard.

That's only if you really want an Apple keyboard. If you really don't want one or don't care, you can buy any keyboard and it'll work with your Mac.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks. I was planning on getting the Apple keyboard until I din't see an insert key. I need the insert key when communicating with IBM iSeries systems. Otherwise, you are right, the insert key doen't have much if any uses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
Check out the Apple bluetooth keyboards on eBay. Apple sells them refurbed too. Has the same basic keyboard as your typical PC. Add a Mighty Mouse and you should be set.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2GHz 2GB RAM 120 GB HD 15" NVidia 8800MGT 128MB - iPhone 3G
I would recommend logitech keyboards. I have always had good luck with them. For the mouse, I am using a Logitech bluetooth mouse that works great and battery life is pretty good. I have to replace the batteries every few months and I use it every day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.