• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

why does yahoo and cnn have different primary results?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
cnn says hillary is ahead of barack but yahoo says the opposite. which is right?

OP
ibookclamman300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the Associated Press says Clinton is still slightly ahead so i guess cnn is right. nvm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I think everyone has different delegate totals, but most show Clinton ahead.

OP
ibookclamman300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yep. i think Obama took 31 today and Clinton 9. It is starting to get closer. hmm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, but everything still points to Clinton winning the big delegate counts in Ohio and Texas. So it will be interesting to see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I live in Ohio and Obama has one vote coming for him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You can't look at just the total numbers as they include superdelegates, which don't really count for much as those votes aren't really tallied until the national convention. Just look at the number of pledged delegates (the ones from the primary wins), which Obama has been ahead in for quite some time.

As it currently stands, here are the number of pledged delegates:

Obama: 908
Clinton: 877

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Because the media has its own agenda

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I agree with Skye.
The media is exactly like our government. Do you honestly belief they're telling us the truth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree, there is definitely media bias. For example all the major news sites have a huge "OBAMA SWEEPS" which IMHO, big deal, everyone knew this was going to happen in these states anyway. I wonder if they'll do the same on 3/4 when Hillary sweeps?

But I think the bigger story from yesterday is the fact that McCain effectively got smacked down by Huckabee. It clearly shows that the Republicans are not happy with their "front runner". But that story at best is buried.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
But I think the bigger story from yesterday is the fact that McCain effectively got smacked down by Huckabee. It clearly shows that the Republicans are not happy with their "front runner". But that story at best is buried.

I think that is partly because the gap in the GOP race is so huge and race between Obama and Clinton is almost non-existent. They are going to play back and forth though the convention most likely. McCain could still lose the delegate race, but it not all that likely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.