IPhone and Email How does this work?

Reaction score
OK, I am a PC guy with a PC network and Verizon Blackberry mobile devices. I am considering canning the whole lot and moving to a total Mac based system. One question I have is if I trash the Blackberry's and move the Iphones How is mail handled? Do you have to check mail, does the phone automaticly check mail or is there a push mail system here. If it automaticly checks mail, how often does it check? Does the phone alert you when you have mail? Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Powerbook G4, iPhone
When you sync the phone to your mac you see a list of email accounts you have active in Mail. You checkbox the ones you want emulated on the iphone. You can set the phone up to manually or automatically to check emails at different frequencies. You can also turn new message alert on or off.

I'm sure someone else can jump in and give a little more detail. But I was amazed at how easy, almost nonexistent, the email setup was.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I personally use Thunderbird, so I don't have the option of syncing with the Mail app. But I manually entered two IMAP accounts into my iPhone and have it set to automatically check every 15 minutes (that's the lowest it'll go).

Push email is currently not an option for the iPhone, at least not without third party support.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thank You Both. I assume you can manually sync anytime even if you have it set to sync automaticly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.